It is rightly said that first impression is always the last impression. The attire should be adapted as per the job environment where you have been called up for an interview. For a few seconds attire is the foremost part leaving an overall impression on the interviewer. If you still have not peeked up in your cupboard, it’s a real time to give a hard look now because your attire can firstly give an impact on the interviewers mind about your personality. Below are the list of things you should wear for an interview and also things you should avoid.
1) OUTFIT Wear a suit which is black, navy blue or dark gray in color, avoid wearing light shades. Skirts or trousers can also be preferred, but care has to be taken that the length of skirt should be below the knee without the slit. Trousers should not be crimped and its pockets should not look bulging down. A loose fit allows you to remain comfortable at all times. Stockings are a must which are not of fussy patterns. Scarf can also be used with skirts to set your attire apart. Saris can also be a good option, but it should be opaque with match able blouse.
2) JEWELLERY Minimal jewellery should be worn like light earrings which are not dangling, a single ring and a thin necklace. Silver or platinum jewellery looks more presentable than gold. Avoid wearing cheap jewellery.
3) SHOES Wear sensible shoes which are dark in color and match up with your clothes with no buckles, bells or frills. Secondly, the shoes should be comfortable and wearing high heels should be avoided.
4) HAIR Hair more than shoulder length should be pulled back or worn up. Avoid them from falling on the face. Trendy hairstyles and heavy hair ornaments should be a strictly no.
5) MAKE-UP Make-up should be light and subtle looking natural. Properly manicured nails will give a better impression.
6) ACCESSORIES Folders and bags should give a professional look and usually bags should match with the color of shoes.
1) OUTFIT Long sleeved shirts, usually white or blue or pastel shades are preferred with dark shade trousers. Wearing a short sleeved shirt spoils the executive look. Always tuck down the shirt and never roll up the sleeves. Tie helps giving a professional look, choose a conservative pattern.
2) BELT Belt with small and square buckles look professional. Belt should match up with shoes.
3) SOCKS Depending on the attire socks should be chosen-mostly black, navy blue or dark brown shades are preferred. Socks should never cross your legs while sitting.
4) HAIR Hair should be properly cut short and neat. Facial hair should all be cleared. Mustache should be kept short and properly shaped.
5) JEWELLERY Wear no or little jewellery. The watch with leather belt (not digital) is acceptable. A single wedding ring can be wore but avoid wearing any religious bracelets, rings. Tattoos should be removed or covered up.
6) ACCESSORIES Avoid plastic pens or folders. Carry leather briefcase or folder to carry your documents and resume.